Keep Your Interior Nice and Cool!
When you’re driving in the summer heat, a broken A/C is the last thing you want. Unfortunately, your air conditioning system can eventually stop working as the different components age and wear down with use. If you keep up with regular maintenance, however, you can stay cool for years to come. At Powerflo Diesel in McKinney, Texas, we perform auto A/C repairs on all types of diesel trucks, so we’ve seen firsthand how you can keep yours running at its best. If you own a diesel truck, we’ve got a few maintenance tips you should know.
How to Maintain Your Truck’s A/C
Your A/C isn’t something you want to neglect, especially if you want to stay comfortable. That’s why you should make sure you take care of the items below.
- Run your A/C on a routine basis. If you consistently run your air conditioning system, you’ll maintain gas pressure and keep the compressor working. Ideally, you’ll run it on the highest settings for 10 minutes at least once a week — even during the winter!
- Clean and replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can overwork your system, so it’s a good idea to have it cleaned every six months. Of course, filters aren’t meant to last forever, so make sure you replace yours at least once a year.
- Recharge your A/C. Your truck’s air conditioning system needs refrigerant and lubricant to work at optimal conditions. That’s why it’s a good idea to replenish them both every two years.
- Clear external debris. As you drive, leaves, trash, and other debris will accumulate over the grills at the front of your car. This can clog the condenser, so you should have it rinsed and wiped every so often.
- Schedule professional maintenance. Every few years, you should have a mechanic inspect your A/C system and perform any necessary maintenance. They can check for leaks, make sure fluid levels are optimal, and assess its overall health.
A/C Repairs By Automotive Experts
Diesel trucks need A/C repairs just as often as any other vehicle, but if you adhere to the above maintenance tips, you can keep your system running for a long time. Still, you never know when you might need professional repair services. Fortunately, Powerflo Diesel’s ASE-certified technicians are more than trained to service your truck’s A/C system, so give us a call today!